When the boys were little we would celebrate Halloween by going to Knott’s Scary Farm the weekend before Oct 31st as a date night. Then we would take the boys Trick-or-Treating. When they both turned 18 we started to attend the hunt as a family. This year, my husband Justin and I couldn’t attend however, our kids went without us. I can’t say how much I love Knott’s Berry Farm it’s very much a park that various events have become a family tradition.
The boys think this year was one for the best haunts ever! For us having a FRIGHT & FAST LANE pass is a must if you want to experience all of the mazes without standing in long lines. Plus Knott’s has it strictly planned to where once you exit one maze the entrance to another maze is near. Knott’s Scary Farm runs on Select nights September 19 – November 2.
Here’s are the top 5 mazes that JJ King and Sean King consider a must to do at this year’s haunt.
1) The Depths – A heavy fog drapes over an abandoned port village where ancient creatures lurk inside the pitch-black underground caves hidden below the seaside shores. The Nightwatch Mining Crew has mysteriously disappeared and village rumors point to the eerie tunnels the town sits upon. Myths of the terrifying horrors that lurk within the cave have often been whispered but never confirmed. Did the crew meet their demise at the hand of vicious
creatures that live within the cave? Journey into the ominous caverns to discover if the superstitions revolving around the cave is true or not. But be warned all who have entered have never resurfaced.
2) Special Ops: Infected – Enlist to fight the zombie apocalypse in an all-out war against the undead in the interactive experience, Special Ops: Infected. Armed with specially designed laser guns, brave groups of guests embark on a mission of navigating through the city in a quest to find the infection cure. Take your last shot at saving mankind as this heart-stopping attraction is going out with a bang of new surprises, including two brand-new show scenes and characters for its final year at Knott’s Scary Farm.
3) Wax Works (New for 2019) – Mysterious lights and strange noises have begun to emanate from the eerie abandoned wax museum. The once prominent plastic surgeon, Dr. Augustus Scratch, has been seen tinkering at night and is now ready to show off his beautiful yet terrifying life-like masterpieces of hot molten wax and bloody flesh. It’s rumored that bloodcurdling screams can be heard echoing through the halls of Wax Works as victims are horrifyingly submerged into a scorching hot cauldron of bubbling wax. Take a closer look at his gruesome works of art and try to escape his deadly grip or become the newest masterpiece in his collection.
4) Origins: The Curse of Calico (New for 2019) – Pierce the veil of time to discover the secret of the evil fog that hangs over Knott’s Scary Farm’s Ghost Town streets in the new maze Origins: The Curse of Calico. Unearth the sinister paranormal activity that plagues the town as Sarah Marshall is put on trial for her suspected crimes of witchcraft. All will be unveiled when the Green Witch rises up and curses the townsfolk, transforming all who have accused her into a
wicked horde of malicious creatures with an eternal quench for the living
5) Dark Ride – Journey through an abandoned carnival ride where cruel carnie folk still linger in the shadows in Dark Ride: Castle of Chaos. The carnival has become a refuge for freaks and carnies. Now those shunned performers have created a dark world of terror which they plan to unleash on those who enter. Dark Ride will lead brave visitors through a treacherous path and into the bowels of a long-neglected attraction, as sinister shadows and horrifying scenes cast
the gloom over the once pleasant ride. It’s everyone’s worst nightmare, being helplessly trapped inside an abandoned carnival ride without a way out. New for 2019, Dark Ride will be debuting a brand-new ending show scene where guests can walk through the rides attached Gift Shop and come face to face with Smiley Sam and Baby Fool.
This year guests will experience new nightmares and original thrills emerge as Knott’s Scary Farm returns for its 47th frightful year with a completely transformed park that brings terrifying nightmares to life at Southern California’s largest immersive Halloween experience. There’s nowhere to hide as every inch of the park is eerily transformed with an abundance of bloodcurdling beasts, spine-chilling scares, and unearthly surprises waiting around every corner. This year, guests will face their deepest fears with the park’s 14 haunted attractions, including 4 spine-tingling scare zones, 9 menacing mazes and a seasonal overlay to the Timber Mountain Log Ride. Knott’s Scary Farm returns for 26 frightful nights from September19 – November 2.