Are you looking for the perfect game for your ‘Finding Dory‘ themed party? We have just what you need, our Finding Dory Party Idea: Rescue Dory Game! Our Finding Dory Party Idea: Rescue Dory Game is sure to be a hit and keep the kids entertained for hours. We have included free printable templates and step by step instructions to make your very own set of Finding Dory characters.
How to Play Finding Dory Party Idea: Rescue Dory Game
We played this game by putting the fish on the lawn, but you can do this where ever you like. There are so many ways you can make up rules for this game, here are a few ideas we have tried out!
- Emergency Rescue – See who can save Dory and all her friends in the fastest time. Each child takes a turn by trying to save all the fish using the rescue tool and placing them in a bucket. The fastest time wins.
- Two Man Rescue – All the fish are put out and both players compete head to head to see you can save the most fish. The one who saves the most fish wins.
- Sea Rescue Heros – For this game, we recommend you making doubles of each item or you can get creative and make seashells, seaweed, and different colored fish. Next, assign a value to each fish, for example, Dory, Nemo and Hank are worth 2 points, all the other fish are worth 1. All the fish are placed on the board and all the players (up to 3 or 4 players) try to rescue them within a 2 to 5 minutes, you select a time that works for your group. You can either put the fish back after each time they are saved and keep count (time limit), or each player keeps their fish and you add up the points at the end.
- Beach Party Rescue – Just let the kids go create their own rescue mission. This is great if you need a peaceful activity for them to play on rainy days, summer vacation, Christmas vacation or will you are setting up for the party.
Materials for Finding Dory Party Idea: Rescue Dory Game
- Self-Adhesive Foam Sheets (you can use colored card and glue instead)
- Paper Clips
- Small Branch/Dowel/Fairy Wand…AKA Rescue Tool
- Round Magnet
- Black Permanent Marker
- Printed Finding Dory Party Idea Rescue Dory Game Templates
Directions to make game pieces for your Finding Dory Party Idea: Rescue Dory Game
- You need to print out the template you want to create. We have templates for Dory, Nemo and Hank. (However, by extra col Trace this template on the back of your self-adhesive foam sheet. Then turn the template over and trace again to make the mirror image pieces. I marked all my mirror image pieces with an ‘x’ on the back, making it easier to assemble later. Cut these out with scissors.
- Peel of the backing and stick all your pieces on top of the main body. You can use the little picture on the template page as a guide. All the right way up pieces go together to make one fish and the mirror image pieces to make the other, this is where those ‘x’s come in handy!
- Now we need to add the black contrast edges. I haven’t made a template for these as I just cut thin strips free hand from a straight edge of the foam sheet. Leave a little piece of overhang at the start and end, and tuck them in nice and close to the white edges so you don’t end up with a gap. You can trim the overhang of so that it follows the curve of the edge. Carry on with the black stripes, and one white strip for the edge of the tail.
- Decide where you want to place the paper clip and peel the backing off one-half. I like to have just the single end of the paper clip sticking out, with the double piece hidden in between the two layers. Stick the paper clip to the peeled side, then peel the second half and carefully stick them together. Be very careful with this step!!! Once they are stuck together, there is no going back to align them better, so take your time! Any small areas that don’t quite line up can be trimmed with scissors to match.
- Draw on the pupils of the eye using a black marker. Be careful as these seem to take a while to dry!
- Time to make your rescue tool! Tie your string onto your pool at the tip. I have left mine quite long and wrapped it around my branch. That way you can wrap it around to shorten it, or unwind it to make it longer. To play all the games you will need to make a couple of these. I used a round magnet and attached it with Sellotape, taking care that it hangs flat so that the paper clips can easily stick to it. If you have magnets with holes you can just tie your string onto them.
Now you are ready to save Dory and her friends!
For More Finding Dory Activities, Crafts, and party ideas please check out our Pinterest Board.
Finding Dory In Theaters Now!!!
Don’t forget to Check Out our Finding Dory Pinterest board for more Recipes and Craft
More On Finding Dory
Finding Dory In Theaters Now