I love wearing jewelry, but it’s hard to do with a toddler. I’ve been looking for jewelry I can wear that is stylish, indestructible and is inexpensive. That way if my toddler would attempt to destroy it, or does destroy it I won’t lose a lot of money. I was at the hardware store the other day and I noticed the washers. I decided to bring some home and experiment. I ended up with a stylish necklace that was both indestructible and inexpensive to make!
- Large washers
- Cord (for the necklace part)
- Mod Podge (I used the matte finish)
- Dimensional Mod Podge or Glossy Accents
- Scrapbook paper
- X-acto knife
- Lay the washer on the scrapbook paper and cut around both circles with the x-acto knife. You will want to cut two circles of scrapbook paper. One for the front and one for the back.
- Apply Mod Podge on the washer, then apply your scrapbook paper circle and smooth out. Allow this to dry.
- Once the first side is dry, repeat step two on the opposite side
- Once both sides are dry apply the Dimensional Mod Podge or Glossy Accents on top of the scrapbook paper and allow it to dry.
- Repeat step four on the opposite side.
- Once both sides are dry, string the washer up with the cord
- Wear and enjoy!
Now you have some personalized, indestructible jewelry that was inexpensive to make! These necklaces make the perfect gift for any age. They can also be personalized to fit any personality. These would be a fun craft to make with girls at a party or sleep over. With a few items and a little bit of time you can have a piece of jewelry that is unique and didn’t put a dent in your bank account!
I would love to see what you think about this post. Please leave your comments below and let me know!