Looking for fun kids activity! Our Ghostbusters 2016 game that is easy to make and can be played inside or out?
Then you have come to the right place! Here we have our Ghostbusters 2016 Birthday Party Idea: DIY Ghost Hunter Game. It is made out of craft felt and with our templates and printables you can whip up your own set in no time at all. Then all that is left to do is hide the ghosts and send the kids out ghost busting with all their favorite characters from Ghostbusters 2016 the movie.
How to Play:
You can play our Ghostbusters 2016 DIY Ghost Hunter Game inside or out!
- Each child chooses a character from the Ghostbusters 2016 movie, and each character has matching ‘Busted’ cards
- Capture ghost by sticking the Busted cards on the ghost.
- The child that ‘Busts’ the most ghosts wins! We have included printable the name badges for Abbey, Erin, Jillian, Patty and Kevin. With the matching busted cards of course.
Materials for the Ghostbusters 2016 DIY Ghost Hunter Game
- Craft Felt
- Glue Stick
- Hot Glue and/or Black Permanent Marker
- Card – For Name Badges
- Safety Pins or Clips – For Name Badges
- Velcro Dots – Self Adhesive – Hook side only
- Printed out – Ghostbusters 2016 DIY Ghost Hunter Game Template and Printables you may like to print the name badges and ‘Busted’ cards onto card rather than paper.
Instructions for the Ghostbusters 2016 DIY Ghost Hunter Game
- We will make the character name badges first. You will need to cut these out from your printed template. If you have printed them on card you can skip the first step and go straight to attaching the pins.
- If printed on paper glue the badges onto your card and cut them out. Now you should have five circles again but much stronger.
- Attach the safety pins as shown in the photo step above. I have used a smaller piece of card (off-cut from earlier) to hold the safety pin in place. Glue this on, and for extra strength I have sellotaped it down too. You can use a little clip/or badge pin and hot glue it onto the back instead.
- Now we are up to the ‘Busted’ cards that the little ghostbusters can stick to the ghosts they find. You will want to make a few sets of these!
- If you have printed these on paper you might like to stick them to card just like we did for the name badges. Otherwise cut them out and stick a velcro dot on the back. It needs to be the ‘hook’ side of the velcro no the soft ‘loop’ side. The hooks stick to the craft felt too!
- Now it is time to get making our ghosts, what would our Ghostbusters 2016 DIY Ghost Hunter Game be without ghosts! We have included a printable template for six different ghosts, you can make as many or as few as you like.
- You will need to cut out the printed templates, and use this to cut out your ghosts. I have gone for a colorful bunch but you can do white if you prefer. I used a pin to hold the template in place while I cut around it.
- You have two options for the eyes and mouth. You can either use black permanent marker to draw them on, or you can cut them out of black felt and hot glue them on. Both option work well so it’s up to you…see the photos of both below!
Happy Ghostbusting! I hope you love your Ghostbusters 2016 Birthday Party Idea DIY Ghost Hunter Game!