My wife and I were invited to an exclusive tasting event for this year’s Knott’s Boysenberry Festival. The event is filled with a large array of food. I would have never thought that Boysenberry could taste so good inside of different kinds of dishes and sauces.
Let me tell you, the Fried Alligator with Aioli and Shoe String Fries in a cone – OMG, it was my favorite. The Alligator was moist and not tough to eat. The Aioli was also a great taste that went well with the alligator and the fries.
- Wings with Knott’s Boysenberry BBQ Sauce — This dish is perfect for the kids. However they are a little messy, so you may have to use a few wipes.
- Fried Alligator with Boysenberry Aioli — My daughter, Joy, actually loved this more then the ribs, and the portion is enough to fill up on.
- Fish & Chips Sandwich with Boysenberry Tarter Sauce — The Tarter Sauce will amaze you, and it’s a great sandwich that the kids will like, as well.
- Boysenberry Chicken & Sausage Sandwich served on Knott’s Boysenberry Bun — If you like chicken and sausage, then this is the dish for you. What I liked most about this sandwich was the added bell peppers, onions, and Boysenberry BBQ sauce.
- All Beef Hot Dog with Boysenberry Relish and Boysenberry Ketchup — Easy one to pick for the kids if you want something simple.
- Fried Cheese Curds with Spicy Boysenberry Dipping Sauce — These were a good dish for sharing, and the spicy dipping sauce was just right – not too spicy.
Now onto the Desserts of the Festival. The first time I saw the Famous “Fun Bun” I was like, “Wow. This is really big.” I couldn’t resist slicing it open to see what was inside. It looked so delicious, I dug right in, and to my delight, it was a huge cinnamon bun with a large scoop of Boysenberry sauce on top. It’s so big, it could easily feed a family of four, or if you are on a date night with hubby, it makes an very romantic dessert you can eat together. Kathy loved the Chocolate Mouse and Boysenberry Cheesecake. But who can say no to cheesecake? Beware of all the desserts. They are very addictive. LOL.
All Desserts are kid friendly. Below is a complete list of the ones that are offered at the festival:
- Boysenberry Pie — You can have a whole pie or a piece.
- Boysenberry Cheesecake — Whole or a piece. This was one of my favorites.
- Fun Bun — A Knott’s Berry Farms Culinary Creation
- Deep Fried Boysenberry Ice Cream — I like fried ice cream, and the boysenberry made it even better.
- Boysenberry Dessert Flautas — It’s very sweet but awesome.
- Boysenberry Chocolate Mouse — One of the best tasting mousses I’ve had in a long time. It’s very rich.
- Boysenberry Cream Cheese Mouse — It was the first time I’ve had this. It was really good and not too thick.
- Boysenberry Trifle
- Boysenberry Icee with Boysenberry Soft serve Ice Cream — Awesome Icee! Kids would love this.
- Boysenberry Cotton Candy — Kids’ and adult’s favorite (something to nibble on during the day)
- Boysenberry Filled Churro — This is also a kids favorite. You can also get it with cream cheese.
- Boysenberry BBQ Sauce
- Boysenberry Honey
- Boysenberry Syrup — There are four other flavors to buy: Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, & Apricot.
- Boysenberry Pure Cane Sugar
- Boysenberry Jams and Preserves — Six other flavors: Seedless Boysenberry, Triple Berry, Strawberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Red Raspberry
- Boysenberry Twist
- Boysenberry Taffy
- Boysenberry Chocolate Bars
- Boysenberry Candy Canes
Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is truly an great event for the entire family.