With summer brings many great things, including spending quality time with your children. As a busy Mompreneurs its often challenging to balance work and keep the kids entertained during the long summer break. Here are 6 Fun Summer Activities for Mompreneurs to do with their kids. Today’s Tips are sponsored by MGA Entertainment, however, all thoughts expressed below are my own.
Here’s 6 Fun Summer Activities for Mompreneurs to do with their kids
1) Plan Water Themed Playdates – During the summer the other mom’s and I plan water-themed days, where we’ll have water balloon fights, go swimming or to our local splash pad. Recently, Little Tikes sent us Fun Zone Battle Splash Water Table and the kids love it and now they prefer to come to our house and play with the Fun Fun Zone Battle Splash Water Table™.
2) Picnic at the Park – Imonni loves the outdoors, therefore, I am always taking her to the park. Often times we will meet up with her friends and have a picnic. So taking your kids to the park, regardless of age, can be fun for everybody. Have your children help prepare and make sandwiches, snacks, and other treats to take along with you. Aside from the general playground equipment, there are so many fun things to take to the park for your children to play with, such as: bubbles, a beach ball, sports balls (basketball, soccer, etc.), skates (if there is a cemented area to skate on), bikes, and/or whatever outdoor toys your children enjoy and are easily taken with you. The park is free entertainment and a great way to sneak some exercise into their day.
3) Arts & Crafts – I find Imonni making something at her desk every day. So I Stock up on kid-friendly arts and crafts supplies to inspire the creative genius hidden inside. I think all moms should have a craft box for their little ones filled with paints, play dough, markers, crayons, glue, paper, glitter, and scrapbooking supplies and that is just the beginning. Making some homemade craft supplies is a great way to get your children involved. They will love making their own art supplies.
4) Plan a Family Move Night – I don’t know about you, but I am amazed at all of the streaming channels available on Amazon Prime., Hulu, Apple TV, Disney Plus and Netflix’s. At the beginning of the week Justin and I check the new release and plan out a weekly family movie night with our daughter. Sometimes we come across classic movie to watch on Crackle and the other available free channels to watch with Imonni too. This week we plan on watching 16 candles.
5) Camping Indoors – My daughter loves building tents out of her bedsheets in our front room. I have found raising three kids that children love to camp, even if it is only building their own fort indoors. It can be a nice place to hideout, tell stories, and even sleep. Make this a fun experience by making s’mores, hotdogs, and other camping treats. A great book for kids regarding indoor and outdoor camping is Camp Out!. This guide is huge and has so much information and activities.
6) Let Your Kids Help Plan a Fun Schedule – If you’ve been reading my site for a while you know I love to plan. That’s rubbed off on my daughter and she likes to know what we are doing the night before. So we have created a fun schedule for her. Letting your kids help create a schedule of fun things to do can help get their creativity flowing, as well as increase the expectations of future activities. A great book to use to spend time planning an amazing summer with your kids is The Highlights Book of Things to Do: Discover, Explore, Create, and Do Great Things (Highlights Books of Doing) Hardcover. If they aren’t quite there yet, have them select activities from ones that you have already pre-selected.
Even if you have a budding business summer is a great time to bond with your children make memories with these 6 Fun Summer Activities for Mompreneurs to do with their kids!