As part of the #TeenBeach2Event, I had an opportunity to chat with Chrissie Fit (Chee-Chee) and Jordan Fisher (Seacat) in a special Q & A at ABC’s offices in Burbank. The movie airs on Friday, June 26th at 8:00 PM ET/PT on Disney Channel. Below are some fun facts I learned during the interview.
Please feel free to share with your friends by clicking on the share buttons to the left or above.
Just like a Pro
- 1) Although Chrissie is a singer and actress, a professional dancer is not something she would include on her resume. But you would never know after seeing the moves she does on Teen Beach 2.
A Little Crush:
Both Jordan Fisher and Chrissie Fit love for acting were sparked by an innocent crush.
- 2) In the 5th grade, Jordan had a crush on a girl that was joining the drama club, and he could not resist signing up too.
- 3) When Chrissie’s was in the 5th grade, she had a crush on a 6th grader. So she asked the 6th-grade teacher if she could be in their class play and was told no. However, this did not stop her. She found out the script did not have a villain and went back to pitch the idea of including one in the play. The teacher was so impressed by her efforts, they said yes.
Neither ended up having a long-term relationship with their crushes; however, they did foster a long-term love for the art of acting.
- 4) Both Jordan Fisher and Chrissie Fit believe aspiring Musician, Artist, Dancer should get a solid education while they pursue their dreams.
“Do what you love and the money will follow.” ~ Jordan Fisher
“Have patience and educate yourself not only in the craft you are interested in but further your education.” ~ Chrissie Fit
Step It Up:
- 5) In order be able to do the multi-dance routine on the sand, Jordan spent a few months conditioning to get in top physical shape before learning the choreography. However, Chrissie had to miss the conditioning due to prior obligations.
- 6) Chrissie Fit is very proud of Teen Beach 2 because of the many wonderful messages in the movie such as female empowerment, having confidence, the importance of friendship and healthy relationships between females.
Teen Beach 2
Dive in and rock out with the hottest surf sequel under the sun! Now that summer ‘s over and school has begun, Brady (Ross Lynch) and Mack’s (Maia Mitchell) relationship seems headed for a wipeout – until Lela, Tanner and the “Wet Side Story” kids show up! Dazzled by the novelty and variety of the modern world, Lela wants to stay, but the real world and the “reel” world just don’t mix. Can Mack and Brady find the magic to get the kids home and get their own romance back on track before it’s too late? Packed with electrifying song & dance numbers and hilarious fish-out-of-water wackiness, Teen Beach 2 is “wow-abunga” fun for everyone.
It premieres on Friday, June 26th at 8:00 PM ET/PT on Disney Channel.
Teen Beach 2 will also be available on DVD and will includes a never-before-seen dance rehearsal bonus feature.