Last year, I took the plunge into the world of homeschooling, my daughter and to be honest Transitional- Kindergarten was extremely hard for me. However, it gave me a year to understand my daughter learning style. One of the biggest epiphanies I had was that although she is tech-savvy and loves playing educational games. She is very much a hands-on learner. Therefore, for Kindergarten my teaching plan is filled with activities that embrace this style.
Disclaimer-Today’s Savvy Shopping Guide is Sponsored by Osmo. All opinions are my own.
We may be financially compensated via affiliate links in this post
Recently, I was introduced to the Osmo an accelerated learning system that uses an iPad, physical objects, and educational tools to keep kids engaged in learning and build their confidence through hands-on play. I spent a day with, my daughter, Joy playing the games included in the Genius Kit and Pizza Co. I absolutely love the system and thought I would share with you 10 reason’s Osmo is the perfect tool for homeschoolers.
Here’s 10 reason’s Osmo is the perfect tool for homeschoolers.
Osmo fosters learning in key areas such as: creative problem solving, art, STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and common core.
My Favorite Osmo Games:
1) Tangram fosters spatial relational skills and will familiarize your child with shapes, colors, and exciting puzzles.
2) Numbers teaches counting, addition, and multiplication and problem-solving skills.
3) Newton fosters creative problem-solving skills
4) Osmo Words is a fun problem-solving tool that perfect to use to help your child practice spelling and sight words. ( See page 8 of Osmo Teacher’s Guide for instruction on creating your own word album)
5) Pizza Co. teaches real-world math such as addition, subtraction, and fractions thru counting money and making change for their customers. What’s more, children will learn how to run their own pizza shop by determining what to invest their profits in upgrading their shop.
Other Games Available
6) Coding Awbie teaches logic, problem-solving skills, and coding
7) Coding Jam explains advanced coding concepts and how to create music
8) Masterpiece teaches drawing and creative confidence
9) MindRacers teaches quick, strategic decision-making; multi-dimensional awareness and real-world dexterity; emotional intelligence and social fluency; and sportsmanship
10) Monster teaches drawing skills and builds creative confidence
Newton fosters creative problem-solving skills
I am so happy with the system, I’ve decided to incorporate into my teaching plan. (Click here to review Osmo’s free Teacher’s Guide)